For some people, it’s even hard to tie shoelaces with one hand; The girl who raced & won 100/200 meter dash named Absten ties her shoelaces with just one hand. Yes! you heard right. Well, she doesn’t have her left arm so instead of stopping herself from doing everything or someone’s help she does everything at her own. She also runs his own YouTube Channel where she puts video from her routines. She inspires and provides motivation to other people throughout her video where she explains how she is using different tools to get her job done. In one video, she also explains a brilliant method that how she ties her shoes with just one hand as shown below.
- Start with your laces out on either side, then cross and tuck them in the middle as you would normally.
- Stick one lace under your shoe to hold it in place, then pull the laces taut.
- Create a loop, or “bunny ear,” with the loose lace, then pinch it between your thumb and index finger.
- Now grab the lace under your shoe with your middle finger, then loop it around the first bunny ear.
- After looping it around, push it through to create another bunny ear.
- Hold one loop with your middle and ring fingers, and the other loop with your thumb and index finger—then pull until the knot is tight.
That’s it! This way you have tied your shoe without using the other hand. With a continue the practice, you will able to tie your shoes with one hand in just seconds!